Conceived by Rei Kawakubo of COMME des GARÇONS, the original Dover Street Market was first opened in London, Mayfair in September 2004.
Concept and Direction by Rei Kawakubo
Our team has worked in partnership with Dover Street Market since 2013, expanding its online store to a full global offering.
Working very closely with their teams to help develop the brand across every customer touch-point, including e-commerce, hype/flash sales, in-store reservation apps, CMS systems, mailing systems, warehouse integrations and complete server infrastructure consultancy.
Dover Street Market now operates a total of six stores internationally, including London, Ginza (Tokyo), New York, Singapore, Beijing and Dover Street Market Los Angeles.
De facto were initially brought on board to provide consultancy and troubleshooting for the client's interconnected systems.
All issues were resolved and augmented to provide an excellent base for future growth. This included upgraded infrastructure for mobile responsive design, multi-language, multi-currency and PCI compliant payments.
The DSM E-SHOP was then built out to four websites (London, New York, Ginza, Singapore). Integrated with each regional businesses teams individual requirements; back-end systems, shipping providers and payment gateways.
We then migrated their brand marketing website (PAPER) to our Fabula CMS system. Across six territories (London, New York, Ginza, Singapore, Beijing, Los Angeles). The continued high growth of the brand and customer interaction led to further system upgrades:
- Developed E-FLASH a high-performance flash sale site on Shopify+
- Capable of handling key global collaborations drops with Supreme, Off White and Air Jordan
- To allow 30k concurrent purchasers on the website at any one time
- Migrated the websites to AWS cloud hosting, offering extreme scalability and redundancy
- Automated DSM warehouse operations via bespoke middleware
- Created a bespoke data warehouse, collecting online and offline customers, sales and marketing preferences - to deliver a single customer view across brand multi-channels
- Consultants for all brand technical projects
- Highly integrated with their internal teams on each continent
- Work hand in hand from Vice President to all business teams
- Day to day interaction via Slack, plus regular in-person meetings
- DSM refers to us as 'part of the family'
- We enjoy a great interactive and social relationship with their team